- 8 good quality chicken thighs (with their skin and bones intact)
- 200g smoked bacon lardons or diced pancetta
- stratta smokey Moroccan olive oil
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and washed
- 5 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 4 bay leaves
- handful thyme sprigs
- 250ml white wine
- 230g roasted red peppers – a quick option is a jar of roasted piquillo peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 75ml single cream
- 25g flat leaf parsley, chopped
Heat a large heavy bottomed saucepan or casserole, season the chicken and sear in a little stratta Smokey Moroccan oil for around 5 minutes skin side down until golden; set aside.
Add the bacon to the pan, cook for around 5 minutes then add the onion, chickpeas, garlic, bay leaves and thyme; sweat gently for 5 minutes.
Pour in the wine, add the peppers and return the chicken to the pan. Cover, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
Just before serving season, stir through the paprika, cream and parsley.